- Frustrated from lack of exercise
- Lonely for canine/human time
- Anxious about being alone or without you
- Walk dogs 2x day*
- Time-consuming toys (i.e. , stuffed Kongs or filled hollow bones)
- Lots of time WITH you EVERYDAY petting, grooming, playing, exercising. Dogs are pack animals and get stressed when left alone.
- Keep dogs inside when unsupervised and tell neighbors you are working on the problem
- Try blocking view by installing privacy weaving for fence or privacy fence.
- Determine why your dog is barking. Some breeds are more prone to barking than others.
- Make sure you fulfill the dog’s social/ physical needs (daily walks, interaction with you) before you consider a bark collar. The goal should be to decrease the amount of barking, not to eliminate it completely.