All of our adoptable animals reside in foster homes, so hands-on opportunities with animals are limited. All volunteer needs are posted on our HSCMC Volunteer Team group on Facebook. To receive notifications, just click the link & ask to “join group.”
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES with the Humane Society may include:
- Fundraising – Contrary to popular belief, the Humane Society is 100% “funded” by donations, fundraising & occasional grants.
- Adoption/Behavioral Counselor – Share information and answer questions from individuals needing advice about caring for their pet.
- Transportation – (Local) Transport pets to the vet or to other locations within Montgomery County and surrounding areas (i.e. groomer, veterinary offices, from prior owner to foster care, etc.). At times, we also need transport of food, dog houses and supplies to pets in need in the community or to the Humane Society’s storage locations. ( Long Distance) Transport pets to locations outside of Montgomery County, possibly to other towns within Tennessee or beyond. Many times you will be asked to take one leg of a multi-leg trip – where a pet may be traveling across many states to their new home or rescue.
- Humane Education – Help end animal suffering and increase compassion and respect for animals by providing presentations to children and adults about bite-prevention, animal welfare, responsible pet ownership and the current state of animal welfare in our community. Free presentations are made available to schools and community organizations.
- Sponsor Solicitations – Solicit donations of goods and/or money from local organizations and businesses. Most often, this is done in conjunction with a fundraising event that is being organized to solicit for gifts to award/auction off. Additionally, you may be soliciting local businesses to participate in a fundraising event.
- Anti-Tethering and Chaining Program (ATCP) – Educate our Clarksville neighbors about improving the quality of life for dogs being left on a chain or caring in general for pets during the hot summer and cold winter months.
- Graphic Design – Create flyers, graphics, posters, etc. to help educate our community, advertise events, etc.
- Pet Photography/Videography – Homeless pets are competing with thousands of others for loving homes. Excellent photos and fun videos are critical in making our pets stand out to potential adopters, fosters & rescue organizations.
- Internships – Earn college credit and help the animals in your community. Interns have the opportunity to work in many areas such as administration, public relations, advertising, etc.
- Board Member – Apply to be a board member of the Humane Society of Clarksville-Montgomery County. Help set the direction and policies of your Humane Society! Email email@example.com for an application.