- About Us
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
Spay-Neuter Voucher Pricing
Our Spay-Neuter Assistance Clarksville (SNAC) program offers low-cost vouchers based on your income level. You do not have to be a resident of Montgomery Co. to qualify for a voucher; however, the vouchers must be redeemed at one of our 12 participating veterinary clinics: Animal Hospital (McClure St. off Riverside Dr.), Animal House (Dover Rd.), Cats on Commerce (downtown), Eastview Veterinary Clinic (Madison St.), Family Pet Hospital (Exit 11), Houston Co. Animal Clinic (Erin, TN), North Stewart Veterinary Clinic (Dover, TN), Oak Grove Animal Hospital (Oak Grove, KY), Parkway Animal Clinic (McClardy Rd. off 101st Parkway), Pet Calls LLC (mobile clinic), Southside Veterinary Clinic (Hwy. 48/13), Tiny Town Veterinary Clinic (Exit 1).
Program Qualifications for those on FIXED or LIMITED Income:
Qualifications typically include individuals that can provide current proof of any of the following:
- Disability Letter
- Food Stamps
- Veterans Affairs disability
- Free or reduced school lunch program card
- Public housing rent receipt
- Section 8 letter
- Social Security Income (SSI) letter
- Women, Infants & Children (WIC) program documentation
Pricing schedule for fixed or limited income families:
- male cat – $40
- female cat – $50
- male dog – $50
- female dog – $60
Pricing Schedule for families NOT on FIXED or LIMITED Income:
- male cat – $55
- female cat – $72
- female dog (0-40 lbs.) – $76
- male dog (0-40 lbs.) – $68
- female dog (41-60 lbs.) – $92
- male dog (41-60 lbs.) – $86
- female dog (61-100 lbs.) – $105
- male dog (61-100 lbs.) – $100
- female or male (over 100 lbs.) – $135
NOTE: If you are unable to afford the above pricing, you might try our referral page or one of these suggestions:
- Borrow the money from a family member or friend;
- Prioritize your expenses by fixing females of breeding age first;
- Check with your veterinarian for a payment plan.
Get A Voucher:
- Stop by our office during office hours to pay for your voucher. If you are purchasing a regular-priced voucher, you also have the option of purchasing your voucher(s) over the phone and receiving it in the mail. Vouchers can not be issued via email at this time.
- On your voucher is a list of participating veterinarians. Please call a veterinarian from that list to schedule an appointment.
- Show up on the scheduled day & time with your voucher & proof of rabies in hand. If you do not have a current rabies certificate or tag, the vet will require that a rabies vaccination be administered prior to surgery at your expense.
- The voucher covers the spay or neuter surgery ONLY. Any additional services or expenses will be your responsibility.
NOTE: Additional costs may be incurred (at your expense), if your pet is:
- In heat
- Still lactating (milk usually dries up about 2 weeks after the last baby is weaned; also, be warned that female cats can get pregnant while nursing, so keep her contained!)
- Has undescended testicles (known as cryptorchid)
Reasons to Spay or Neuter
- Your pet will live a longer and healthier life.
- It will improve your pet’s behavior.
- Your male won’t have the urge to roam away from home to find a mate.
- Your female won’t go into heat, which attracts males.
- Your female dog will no longer stain floors or furniture when she goes into heat.
- No more litters of puppies & kittens to care for and place into new homes.
- It packs a powerful punch in our fight against pet overpopulation!
- It’s the right thing to do!
Myths about Spaying and Neutering
- Your male dog will not lose his “manhood” if he is neutered. In fact, there is less “mess” and it will add years to the life of your dog by reducing his chances of getting prostate cancer.
- It is not healthier for the female to go into her first heat cycle. In fact, doing so increases her chances of getting ovarian or mammary cancers.
- Your pet will not get lazy or fat. Lack of exercise & overfeeding make animals fat!
- Children need not witness the “miracle” of birth by watching unwanted animals being born. Allowing your pets to produce offspring that you have no intention of keeping teaches children irresponsibility.
Make a Donation!
- Mailing Address: P.O. Box 571
- Admin Office: 940 Tennessee Ave.
- (blue building behind Riverside Dr. Arby's)
- Clarksville, TN 37041
- Phone: (931) 648-8042
- Click to Email
Search this Site
Administration Office Hours
- Mon-Tues: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Fri-Sat: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Wed-Thurs: 4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Sundays: Closed
"I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry. "God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?"
God was silent for a moment, and then he spoke softly, "I have done something," he replied, "I created you." ~ Unknown