- Claiming territory
- May be habit created before being spayed/neutered
- Conflict with another animal either inside or outside home
- Watch your dog when he is indoors for signs that he is thinking about urinating.
- When he begins to urinate, interrupt him with a loud noise and take him outside.
- If he urinates outside provide praise and a treat.
- Clean soiled areas thoroughly. Don’t use strong-smelling cleaners, they may cause your pet to “over-mark” the spot. Use enzyme cleaner like “Natures Miracle” to remove all odor and keep pet away from area until completely dry and odor free.
- To avoid missing the moment, tether him to you while training